Tuesday 21 April 2009

teen pregnancies


After yesterday's comment on a blog that was about teenpregnancies, I felt I had a bit more to say. So I figured, why not write a blog about it myself?

First of all let me say that I am trying not to be judgmental. Many teenagers have the urge to express their love physcically of just have to urge to be physical with others, that's no big news. What does scare me is the age of the teenagers that are sexually active. Like that 13-year-old boy that recently became a father. When I was 13, my mind was on completely different things. On top of that teenagers seem to ignore preventives like condoms and birthcontrol when being sexually active.

And here is a glimpse at my feminist side: after hundreds of years, women are finally able to live their lifes instead of being born and raised just to become a mother at a young age. If you go back to the Greek, where girls where given away by their parents at the age of 12 to become mothers at 14, I would think it is a good thing that times have changed. And now all of a sudden girls across the country are willingly going back this? They probably aren't getting pregnant deliberately, but it wouldn't kill them to think about possible consequences and take action to prevent certain things. To me it doesn't really sound appealing to have 14 years of your own and already then start to spend the rest of your life taking care of your child. I would much rather live first, and then do that. How can you possibly raise a child properly when you haven't lived yourself long enough to pass on life experience? Sounds impossible.

Who is to blame for all this? The parents? The government? Society? It has become such a huge national problem that I don't think this can be fixed easily. A problem this size needs research to find a solution.

1 comment:

  1. Teen pregnancy is a shameful phenomenon that the whole globe is facing. It is happening because of many reasons.
    1) Parents’ ignorance and their negligence.
    2) Mismanaged governments, where they are indirectly promoting to such actions, by making mixed studying rooms of both genders and encouraging groups to be so, “for higher and better interaction and results!”. Minors are able to sue their parents if they are feeling an over-control by their parents!
    3) Societies are either luxurious ones or low ranked, in both cases there are too many teens’ disasters whether via drugs or sex.
    4) Everyone who is leaving or forgetting his/her religion is falling in those problems.
    No rules, No regulations, No religion. What do you expect to have if non of these is found? I will tell you. Unethical, immoral, sinful society and people.

    My advice for you all, honestly, is: use your mind, believe in your heart, and follow CORRECT and RIGHT rules, religion, so you will be on the safe side!

    ReplyDelete